Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

My First Easter Stitch!

Finally, my first Easter stitch has done! whew... It took me to stitch a long time, so I was a bit tired, but I was thinking how to finish it in my mind and I thought my idea would be lovely, so today I stitched for a long time and desperate to finish it!

This is "Hare's Easter (Freebie)" from Plum Street Samplers.
When I saw this design at
Nancy's blog, I fell in love with this and wanted to stitch soon!
My first priority was the Easter design (CEC#109) that
Su stitched earlier, but the shop I ordered has no stock, so I have been waiting some new stash include CEC#109 now!

Nancy was stitched on natural coloured linen, but I tried to stitch on pink one.
This is stitched on Zweigart 28ct Jubilee (Carnation Pink) that my friend
Cindy gave me before!
I finished this piece like below.

I used a bit fat flat board and wrapped it with pink stripe fabric, then added stitched piece with quilt batting and also added pom pom trim around the edge.

There was blank area both on the top and bottom so I added pink ribbon for both areas.
I think it made this more prettier than nothing!

While I was stitching, it took me so long time so I was a bit fed up with this, but I'm now so satisfied the result very much!
I don't even know why it took time so much, though...

It became so lovely and sweet, but I just wanted to stitch Easter design for my first try, so made it aimlessly, so my mum now wants to have this and she looks so happy!
She also said that this turned out so lovely!

Finishing work was so fun!
uhmmm, now I'm looking at this finished piece and thinking to bring it back to my house, lol
(Sorry mum! lol)
Tomorrow morning, I'm looking forward to hearing Sweeties opinion about this, as he loves bunnies!

If I could, and my new stash would reach me safely in time, I would like to stitch one more Easter design!
Until then, I will try to stitch new Goode Huswife one!

Thanks for visiting + Happy Stitching!





Pattern Name :
Hare's Easter (Freebie)
Designed by : Paulette Stewart
Company :
Plum Street Samplers
Fabric : Zweigart 28ct Jubilee (Carnation Pink)
Thread : DMC
Finished as : Flat Board

36 comments:

Nina said...

How beautiful is this!
I really like how it looks like! Your finishing is adorable and perfect!
Hugs,
Nina

Margaret said...

Yuko, you always do such wonderful finishes! I love how you stitched and finished this one -- so cute! I can't blame your mother for wanting it. :D

Nancy said...

This is a fun design to stitch, isn't it Yuko? Your stitching is gorgeous! I love how you have finished your bunnies. It is so very beautiful! It looks very feminine.

Sally said...

Oh, Yuko, your Easter finish is absolutely beautiful. I love it!

Sheila said...

Your stitching is beautiful and your finishing is absolutely perfect... I love it :)

Deb said...

Oh my gosh! What a beautiful finish of this piece. You always do such wonderful finishes and stitching!

Christine said...

It is lovely, and you have finished it beautifully

Susimac said...

As always Dear Yuko, you have taken my breathe away with your beautiful stitching and wonderfully creative finishing.

(HUGS)

valerie said...

Glad to see you are feeling well enough to stitch. I love your finish!

Tammy said...

Awesome stitch Yuko! Your finishing is perfection, as always. Love it!

Solstitches said...

Yuko,
This is one of the most delightful finishes I've seen in a long time.
It's the first time I ever heard of a flat board finish but it is absolutely gorgeous and so beautifully done.
No wonder your mum has claimed it :)

Szentpyr said...

Just beautiful!!! And a finish...wow!

grace said...

It looks beautiful! I love the finish!

Julie said...

I love the way you have finished this Yuko, its beautiful and so delicate and pretty.

Carol said...

Hello Yuko - your Easter finish is absolutely beautiful! :o)

Berit said...

I have fallen in love with your finish! A great design, beautifully executed. But of course, I am known amongst friends to love anything with parallel lines...and pastels. If it also had eyelet lace I'd be throwing out all my WIP's to make one for myself. :D

Just Beautiful.

mercy said...

Yuko I love it!!! I'm going to kit this one now and try to start it tonight although I really shouldn't because I have a gazillion other things started but yours really makes want to stitch it!

Theresa said...

Wonderful finish!!!! It is soooo cute!!!! I love this design, too, and is working on it right now~~ Don't know if it will be done for Easter, though..... LOL

Karen said...

Your finish is beautiful! I don't blame your mum for wanting it - it's lovey :)

angelasweby said...

Yuko,
Once again, your beautiful stitching and creative finishing has inspired us all. As you must know, I just love the colours, your fabric and ribbons and, of course, the pom pom trim are just yummy just like strawberry ice cream :>)
I hope you were not too tired but I can see why you desperately wanted to stitch this pretty Easter design.
Take care and lots of warm wishes Angela

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Oh my gosh, Yuko! You did a beautiful job finishing! This is just so pretty!!!!! GREAT JOB!

Jeanie said...

Yuko, it's a perfect finishing ! You did great ! It's just too lovely :)

staci said...

What a sweet finish Yuko! I love the pink fabric you used (and the pink striped fabric too!) Perfectly stitched and finished as always!

I've stitched this too, but still need to *finish* finish it!

argone said...

You did a great job on this ! congrats :-)

Anna Zont said...

Oh! Your bunnys are so sweet! :)
And the finish is beautiful!

Susana de Argentina said...

Congrats!! is a beautiful job!!
I like so much!
someday I will be made a pincushion like yours, mine is horrible!! kisses!!
Yuko, I wait for music of Naotaro! when you put in blog? Je!

Jane said...

Yuko, you've excelled yourself. This is so beautifully finished!!! No wonder you're very happy with it. Just gorgeous, love the fabric colour and a sweet Easter design too! Well done.~~~

Patricia Lessell said...

Yuko, this is just absolutely outstandingly beautiful. I just love it. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Carmen said...

lovely stitching and cute finish.

Cindy F. said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely the most darling, sweetest finish!! Beautiful stitching and beautiful finish!!
I love it!! Good job Yuko:)

Brigitte said...

Oh Yuko, I love your stitching and finishing. This little freebie belongs to my favourites since I saw it on Nancy's blog. Your finishing is so beautiful!

Rachel said...

LOL I love your bunny design! It's cute ;)

Thanks for sharing your photos!

Carla said...

oh my goodness! this is so pretty!!! love it!!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

As always, your finishing us amazing, Yuko! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

SO cute !!!!
I love that !
A French Woman

"Il était temps"
http://iletaittemps.canalblog.com

Thanks for this beautiful blog

Bye

Michele said...

Yuko, Your finishing is always so special. I love the Easter design and love how you finished it :)