Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer Holiday!

Long time no post! My USBs didn't work at all, so I couldn't use mouse and do photo edit at all, and it's now summer holiday, so my nephew and niece came to stay over to mum's home and so I was bit busy and tired!

A fe
w days ago, I've got a parcel from USA, it was from Jolene.
Jolene left a comment that she fell in love with my scissors and asked me where to buy, but I don't know where to buy and I had two same pair of scissors, so I presented her with some goodies.She told me to pay, but I don't know the cost of these scissors so we decided to exchange something.

She is so kindly added LHN chart which was kitted up, and some over dyed threads, kitchen towels, and linen, beautiful fabric which I really love, and beautiful bracelet, and pinwheel for Sweetie!!
Do I deserve this??? Thank you SO much Jolene for your generosity and kindness!!

Here is a photo that Sweetie spins a pinwheel!
Thanks Jolene, he is enjoying it so much, as well as my nephew and niece!

Day one of my brother's family came, kids asked me to out to shrine to catch cicadas, again as I thought!!!
My SIL is now pregnant so she stayed at home and this time my mum and I went there with kids.
I love to see that kids relates with natures so much, so I was so enjoyed to be with them in the nature!

While they are catching cicadas, I took Sweetie's photo! Recently he pause like this! so cute!
My nephew and niece are so sweet, even they catch cicadas, they gave it to Sweetie first, then from smaller to older. They are so kind, they love Sweetie and Sweetie loves them so much!

After we caught cicadas, we let them go from mum's garden!
This time we got 13 cicadas all together! Well done kids!

Mum and I were nailing at night, Sweetie found it and said want to try to do it for my nails!!
I let him do it, but look at the photo, uhhhh as I thought!! lol

Here is Sweeties LEGO's work, it's beginners block (Big one), but but!!

My mum's friend gave phone call and she told her that she has old but so many LEGO.
Her grand children are all girls, so she doesn't need them anymore (LEGO are her son's), so she told mum to gave them to Sweetie and nephew!
Mum came back with this truck (basket? I don't know how to say it in English), with full of LEGO!!!!
Can you believe there were a heap of LEGO!
No wonder my nephew and Sweetie excited to choose them!!!

At night we did fireworks, it was so beautiful, actually almost every night we are doing fireworks (very small one) with Sweetie, though!
Kids seemed so enjoyed and so I was very happy! :D

Now I'm working secret project, so can't show you what I'm stitching, but soon I will!

Thank you for your visit and enjoy your summer!
Take care and happy Stitching!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! It sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your family ;)

You have such good friends to receive some many lovely goodies!!

Have a great day ^___^

JOLENE said...

Hi Yuko, I love my scissors....and I so appreciate you sending them to me. The exchange was fun and we both got something fun from it. Sweetie looks like he is enjoying the little pinwheel. He is so cute and I bet adorable to be around. My son is 14 now....seems like yesterday he was just a toddler. I miss the excitement and squeals of laughter from days gone by, he can be quite the character. can't wait to see your "secret stitchery"...... take care and enjoy your day.

Nancy said...

A very happy post Yuko! You received some lovely gifts, and yes, you do deserve these things. Sweetie looks so cute spinning his pinwheel, and it seems you had a lot of fun with his cousins. We have many cicadas where I live too! They make such a loud noise because there are so many. Sweetie is very good at building with Legos. You should be so proud of him, and I know you are! Take care Yuko.

Theresa said...

Wow!! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with family!!! That is a great way to spend summer~~~

Carol R said...

You and Sweetie are having such a fun summer!
[[[Hugs]]]

Berit said...

Ouch; the finger looks so painful!!

As for the Legos, I think they are the best toy! I still like to play with them! I think that your Sweetie's design of house and garage is VERY good, well-designed and neatly put together. It is so lucky that you have a generous neighbor who gave all of those old legos to your family! It's also good that Sweetie can enjoy his cousins so much, I am an only child, and I always had so much fun with my own cousins growing up.

angelasweby said...

Yuko,
I remember the fun both Alexis and Rula had with Lego. It lasted for many years and we still have it all up in the loft :>)
Everyone is having such a lovely time out catching cicadas. It's great for young children to be out in the countryside in the summer weather. The shrine looks like an exciting place.
Lovely exchange with Jolene, these exchanges are always a real treat :>) I can see why she loved the scissors!
Hugs Angela

Carmen said...

beautiful gifts, lovely pictures, is a good thing have a lot of fun with the family.

Dorothy said...

It sounds like you've had a wonderful week with your family, Yuko. Thank you for sharing your photos with us.

zirzyle said...

Oj, such a huge cicadas!! OMG! I also would enjoy to catch one ;)

Are they very common in Japan?

Ele said...

Hello Yuko,
enjoying your lovely summer impressions I send you many greetings from Bavaria!

I sent you my mail answer on July, the 28. I dont't know, if you got it. Today I sent it again.

Have a lovely summer time
Gabriele

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

It looks like you had a lovely summer break with your Sweetie & your family.